Join Our Team
Position Title: Assistant Registrar, Camp Bob WaldorfAn Opportunity
Optimize the life-changing power of camp! Our Assistant Registrar is part of a team that welcomes families into our community by stewarding them through the application process, assisting with presentations/orientations, monitoring form submission, and managing a variety of office functions. All team members of Camp Bob Waldorf and Jewish Big Brothers Big Sisters work together to deliver the highest quality youth programs through the best practices of the industry, in order to provide children the opportunity to achieve their full potential.
At Our Agency
Camp Bob Waldorf and Jewish Big Brothers Big Sisters Los Angeles enrich the lives of youth throughout Greater Los Angeles with the tools and support system they need to thrive from elementary school to college and beyond, driven by the values of community, inclusion, identity and respect. Our residential Jewish and non-sectarian camp programs, weekend retreats, outdoor backpacking trips, college scholarship programs and mentoring activities provide over 1,200 underserved children each year – regardless of their family’s financial ability – with a safe, nurturing environment where they learn to be creative, responsible, and thoughtful individuals.
1. Work with the camp team to develop and implement a camper recruitment plan. Specifically:
- Visit and communicate with partner agencies and their staff.
- Contact returning campers and provide information on upcoming programs.
- Assist with enrolling campers in camp programs and following up with families regarding any necessary forms.
- Processes fees for families after campers are enrolled.
- Assist the Assistant Director with cabin assignments and parent concerns.
- Manage a system of reports on camper enrollment data for camp team and other divisions of the Jewish Big Brother Big Sister agency.
- Facilitate registration flow on opening and closing days of camp retreats and summer programs.
- Manage collection of all forms.
- Develop and manage a system for tracking camper meals.
- Submit claims for reimbursement.
- Procure office supplies and maintain inventory.
- Implement system of mail distribution for campers/families during the summer season.
- Manage general phone line and voicemail box.
- Assist with mailings to camper families – birthday postcards, promotional materials, registration materials.
The Assistant Registrar will work closely with all members of the camp department and will be supervised by the Camp Registrar. They will also interact with other members of JBBBSLA including staff members of the Development, Finance, and Mentoring Programs.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Bilingual in English and Spanish
- 1-2 years administrative or enrollment-based experience
- Strong skills oral and written communication skills
- Well-developed interpersonal skills, positive energy, sense of self, open mind, and empathy.
- Year-round, full-time position (38-hours per week)
- Benefits include health, dental, vision, retirement plan options, outdoor opportunities, and professional learning
- Summer season is based in Glendale and other seasons are split between Glendale and the Jewish Big Brothers Big Sisters office in mid-city Los Angeles
- Salary based on experience
Learn more about our camp community at www.campbobwaldorf.org.
Submit resume to Dr. Zach Laskar, Director at firstname.lastname@example.org.