Join Our Team
Position Title: Outreach and Events CoordinatorDepartment: Mentoring Services/Community Engagement
Jewish Big Brothers Big Sisters of Los Angeles (JBBBSLA) is seeking a dynamic Outreach & Events Coordinator to join our innovative and collaborative team. JBBBSLA provides mentoring services, teen empowerment programs, college guidance and scholarship support and operates year-round camp experiences at Camp Bob Waldorf.Position Summary:
The Outreach & Events Coordinator responsibilities fall into two areas. The Coordinator will be responsible for developing and implementing innovative community engagement strategies to recruit new Jewish children and families to our mentoring program. The Coordinator will also be responsible for cultivating resources and providing events and activities to our match community that are innovative, engaging and relevant. Goals of this position are to support an increase in number of youth served, increase agency engagement, and enhance the programmatic experience for matches, and build community at multiple levels.Key Recruitment Responsibilites:
- Work with the outreach team to identify and pursue a variety of recruitment and marketing strategies to advance awareness of and participation in our mentoring program for Jewish families
- Establish and maintain relationships with Jewish organizations/institutions whose constituents can benefit from mentoring.
- Become an agency ambassador and represent the work of JBBBSLA to groups through regular speaking engagements and attendance at community events
- Develop a Parent Ambassador Committee and maintain strong communication with parents and guardians to assist us in recruiting additional families
- Maximize internal and external resources to develop and execute age-appropriate opportunities for individual matches, small groups and the program as a whole
- Utilizing effective marketing strategies and ensuring successful implementation, procure and distribute resources that help reduce the cost of mentoring for volunteers.
- Collaborate with VP of Mentoring Services and other staff to ensure vision and goals are aligned with program culture and constituent needs, demonstrating high-level customer service in all areas of responsibility
- Provide administrative and programmatic support to the Director of Community Engagement for teen-related programs
Minimum Bachelors degree, proven success in building and maintaining relationships, experience developing and executing events/activities, and demonstrated success collaborating with partners and cultivating resources. Ideal candidate will have familiarity with non-profit organizations and the LA Jewish community, be highly organized, detail-oriented, able to work within a budget, and to communicate (verbally and in writing) about opportunities in an engaging manner that appeals to various populations. She/he will have outstanding interpersonal skills, competency in engaging community partners, and significant exposure to child, teen and volunteer populations with a general knowledge of child development. Incumbent should have strong computer skills, including comfort with Excel, learning a new database and researching opportunities on-line.Additional Requirements:
Must have car, valid driver’s license, and meet state required automobile insurance minimums. Position is based in mid-Wilshire office. Must be able to work some weekend hours (averaging approximately one weekend event per month) and have some flexibility with schedule (related to event calendar). Position will involve occasional travel to develop community relationships, secure resources and facilitate off-site events or match-related activities.Equal Employment Opportunity:
BBBSA provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals without regard to race, creed, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, or non-disqualifying physical or mental handicap or disability.To apply, please submit your resume to to Analee Villalpando at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Position Title: Annual Giving ManagerDepartment: Development
Jewish Big Brothers Big Sisters of Los Angeles (JBBBSLA) is currently seeking a talented individual for the position of Annual Giving Manager, who will play a key role in helping the agency reach its fundraising goals. The Annual Giving Manager implements the strategic direction of the Annual giving program; identifying, cultivating, soliciting and stewarding annual gift donors, particularly in the $1,000-$10,000 range.Essential Duties:
- Manage a personal portfolio of approximately 100-200 current donors and prospects and ensure that timely steps are taken toward cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship, with an emphasis on annual and event donors.
- Create, coordinate and implement annual giving strategies and solicitations to successfully meet annual fundraising goals.
- Work closely with the VP of Development and Event Manager on all major fundraisers and other events related to the cultivation and solicitation of donors.
- Work directly with assigned members of the Board of Directors on their personal giving to the agency, management of their lists for special mailings, and reporting progress at quarterly board meetings.
- Supervise and manage the Development Assistant.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- College degree and a minimum of five years of experience working in a fundraising environment.
- Proven and successful track record of personal solicitation and program management.
- Very strong written communication skills for a variety of projects, including solicitation letters, newsletters, email and web communications.
- Experience cultivating high-level relationships with donors and board members.
- Strong skills related to Raiser’s Edge or a comparable CRM database.
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Word and Excel required.
- Personal commitment to the mission and values of the organization. Passionate about helping children in Los Angeles.
- Fundraising event planning experience a plus.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
To apply, please submit resume and cover letter to Analee Villalpando: email@example.com.